Is today a good day for fishing in Arkansas?
Today the the sun will rise at 6:58 AM and set at 4:58 PM. The day is rated as a good day with the major times between 8:30 AM-10:30 AM and between 8:57 PM-10:57 PM. The minor times are between 3:11 AM-4:11 AM and between 2:39 PM-3:39 PM.
What is the best time to fish right now?
Best Fishing Times
- One hour before and one hour after high tides, and one hour before and one hour after low tides. …
- During the “morning rise” (after sunup for a spell) and the “evening rise” (just before sundown and the hour or so after).
- During the rise and set of the Moon.
- When the barometer is steady or on the rise.
What fish are biting now in Arkansas?
Bass are biting minnows, spinnerbaits and crankbaits. Catfish have been biting fair late in the day and just after dark on minnows, nightcrawlers and stink baits. Bream are biting crickets and redworms.
What are bass biting right now in Arkansas?
They’re shallow and biting minnows and jigs. Black bass are good. They all are shallow, biting at about 3 feet depth. Spinnerbaits, crankbaits and soft plastic worms all will work.
Is it good to go fishing after it rains?
Following rain events, fish often display more docile behavior and feeding activity slows way down. Fishing can still be productive after rain and a storm-system but you will need to slow your approach way down. Fish will be less committing to striking food so good lure selection will be more important.
What are bass biting now?
Crankbaits, lipless crankbaits, and jigs slowly dragged across the bottom are all effective on deep, early-spring bass. Bass moving toward spawning coves will stop to feed at isolated cover such as rocks or fallen trees. Even old weed patches from last year will hold fish.
What is the best bait for fishing?
Some of the best freshwater fishing bait include worms, leeches, minnows, crayfish, crickets and grasshoppers. Select good saltwater baits including sea worms, eels, crabs, shrimp, strips of squid, and cut-up pieces of fish. You can purchase live bait, or better yet, find your own to save money.
What is the best bait for bass?
What is the best bait for largemouth bass? In terms of live bait, fish (like shiners, minnows, or shad) and crawfish work very well since these are what bass usually eat. Because largemouth bass are carnivorous, the best artificial baits tend to be those that mimic their prey in some way.
What fish are in season in Arkansas?
Arkansas Fishing Calendar
- JANUARY. Arkansas River | Sauger. …
- FEBRUARY. Lake Catherine | Rainbow Trout. …
- MARCH. Ouachita River | Striped Bass. …
- APRIL. Lake Conway | Largemouths. …
- MAY. DeGray Lake | Hybrids. …
- JUNE. Ouachita River | Smallmouths. …
- JULY. Maddox Bay | Largemouths. …
- AUGUST. White River | Rainbow and Brown Trout.
Where is the best crappie fishing in Arkansas?
Lake Dardanelle was top-ranked for Arkansas and ninth in the country. Nimrod came in as number 12 nationally, followed by Lake Conway, Lake Greeson and Greenwood Lake at 39, 40 and 41, respectively. Hot Springs’ Lake Hamilton rounded out the state’s selections as number 48 on the list.
Are crappie biting in Arkansas?
When you see boats while crossing Big Piney Creek on Interstate 40, you know crappie are biting. … It’s one thing to see them on weekends, but when you see them on weekdays, during working hours, you know the bite is on.
Where can I fish all year round?
5 Places You Can Fish Year-Round
- Vermont. Credit: 6169758076/ Shutterstock. …
- California. Credit: Robson Hatsukami Morgan/ Unsplash. …
- Colorado. Credit: Claud Richmond/ Unsplash. …
- Pennsylvania. Credit: Christian Hinkle/ Shutterstock. …
- Texas. Credit: Jacqueline F Cooper/ Shutterstock. …
- Get your gear ready! Credit: shaunl/ iStock.
What time of day are fish biting?
Fish generally prefer early morning and evening sun to the bright midday rays. In midday, the surface temperature of the water is also hotter, forcing the fish to move deeper.
How do you catch big bass in Arkansas?
Primarily feeding on fish, insects and crayfish, largemouth bass are caught on a variety of natural and artificial baits such as plastic worms, spinnerbaits, crankbaits and surface lures. Good choices for natural bait are minnows, night crawlers and salamanders. Cover is important to the largemouth bass habitat.