The Pacific Islands Tuna Industry Association (PITIA) is an association of associations with the membership consisting of the Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
1. To provide a united voice for the domestic fishing and associated industries of members
2. To facilitate and encourage the economically and biologically sustainable use of tuna and tuna-related resources
3. To undertake, coordinate and promote liaison and negotiations with national, regional and international bodies and other entities with similar interest
OUR TARGET FOCUS CONSISTS OF THREE DIFFERENT ASPECTS:
1. Representation of commercial interests to policy making forums
2. Information dissemination and profile building
3. Promotion of sustainable fishing behaviour which adds value to the industry